$AAPL Ran The Market Today
Let’s Dig Deeper
Unusual Options Activity
- $DHI 1 million (m) shares @ $41.90
- $T 1.8m @ $33.57
- $ECH 2m @ $44.24
- $FXI 1m @ $41.76
- $PBR 983k @ $10.49
DrosFlow [My Favorite Picks On The Day]
- $KBI OCT18 $99 Calls
- $NSC DEC18 $185 Calls
- $TSLA DEC18 $385 Calls
- $INFY JAN19 $11 Calls
Trades I Took
- $AZN [bto] equity @ $37.50
- $INFY [bto] 19 OCT 18 10.5 CALL @.50 LMT
- $URG [bto] Equity @ 0.8558
- $TLRY [bto] (Weeklys) 14 SEP 18 140 CALL @.75 | Small risky bet.
- $FXI [stc] (Weeklys) 14 SEP 18 41 CALL @.96 |Closed All [+227.5%]
- $TQQQ [stc] (Weeklys) 14 SEP 18 67 CALL @2.75 LMT | Closed All [+116%]
Commentary and Stocks To Watch
We’re still in a very choppy market. To follow along any of the large cap $FXI stocks and have an idea on where they’re going, pay attention to what China’s Central Bank does the night before. I was excited last night about the $FXI calls I mentioned above because of one headline that came out around 9:15 PM Eastern yesterday.
They told us what they were going to do! Pay attention to such details.
Why did I sell?
Stocks to Watch Tomorrow
Most of this stuff you can garner from the above data. Like I just mentioned, expect market chop. That means take your profits as you get them. Unless you have time on an option, in terms of days til expiration, take what you get.
Per the norm, these aren’t stock tips as much as they are stocks to watch. Your choices are your own.
- $TSLA | This one’s been bouncing around every day, with huge swings. It rose today on an upgrade and then came back with some bearish news about their OTA system. Sounds pretty BS to me, I’m long equity and options here.
- $AAPL | Followed the typical post-event pattern (down during the event, then popping after). Watch this one to see how much more juice it has left, if any. I am long options and equity here.
- $ADBE | Earnings beat, bid presently +.38 over close. Follow $QQQ or $NQ_F to decide on a position
- $RDUS | Long story here, but something strange is going on here. I am long equity here.
- $EEM | Follow the dollar to trade this one based on recent trends. I’m long options here.
- $BAX | Increasing technical strength, pulled back today but the set-up looks nice.
- $ROK $CL $IBM $SWIR $SXY [same as $BAX]
- Bearish names based on the inverse of the last two bullets: $AIR $BREW $GBLI $PRK $SLAB $SPPB $WHG
General Market Health
Breadth on the NYSE has been continually expanding, with the past five days. The breadth on the Nasdaq is increasing also, but its’ increase over the past five days is after a drop from highs a month ago.
So watch tech for volatility and watch $SPY / $SPX for general relative strength. Tech could really move tomorrow though, those relative strengths are more mid-term of a timeframe than short-term.
$SPY remains bullish. Closed $290.83. Next key resistance $291.25, with support at $290.20
$QQQ weaker than the S&P 500, but bias remains bullish. Closed $184.53. Resistance $185.06 & support $183.82
$DIA just as strong as $SPY … if not stronger thanks to $AAPL. Closed $261.78. Resistance $262.34 & support $261.11
$IWM the weakest of the indices at present. Closed 170.66. Resistance $171.38 & support $170.10
That’s all for now folks. Trade anything above at your own risk. I’m just a dude with some ideas.
Trade safe and cheers,